Ortofon TA – 210
- 12 inch static-balance tonearm
- Effective mass without headshell: 5 g
- Effective armlength (distance between the stylus and pivot point): 329.0 mm
- Mounting distance (distance between the pivot point and turntable center): 316.6 mm
- Offset angle: 16.5 degrees
- Overhang: 12.4 mm
- Tracking force adjusting range (direct reading): 0-3/0-4 g
- Height adjustment range: 35-55 mm
- Diameter of the armbase mounting hole: 19-20 mm
- Diameter of the center shaft of tonearm: 18.0 mm
- Inner null point: 66 mm
- Outer null point: 120.9 mm
The Ortofon TA-210 tonearm has gone to the next level by reducing unwanted vibrations in the tonearm. Our extensive knowledge of vibration properties and characteristics in different shapes and materials has been applied for optimization of TA-210 tonearm.
- TA-210 is a static balanced gimbal type arm, easy to use and adjust for optimal VTF settings
- TA-210 has a standard 5-pin DIN connector for tonearm cable
- The tonearm geometry allows for a Baerwald alignment (also the IEC recommendations)
- Counterweight with Inner/outer scale – Inner scale to be applied with main counterweight – Outer scale to be applied when extra mass ring is added
- Counterweight will work with headshell+cartridge mass approximately in the range 20 to 28g
- TA-210 is fitted with a standard headshell connector and can easily be adjusted in accordance with the included mounting template
- Extra mass ring for heavier cartridge and headshell combinations included (the extra mass ring may need to be attached to achieve proper tracking force)
- Extra mass ring weight 45g
- The extra mass ring may need to be attached to achieve proper tracking force.
- The counterweight should be attached onto the rear of the tonearm with the inner number scale facing forward. If the extra mass ring is needed, it must be installed prior to attaching the counterweight to the tonearm.
- The extra mass ring should be installed on the back of the counterweight and may need to be twisted slightly to facilitate the installation.
- Ensure that the extra mass ring fits tightly to the thick part of the counterweight
The TA-210 can ideally be combined with the MC Windfeld, MC A90, MC A95, SPU Series and the Ortofon Xpression. For SPU Series the extra mass ring may need to be attached to achieve proper tracking force. The combination of Xpression, ST-80 SE Moving Coil transformer and TA-210 gives a supreme experience! The High-end headshell LH-10000, incorporating damping technology similar to the TA-110/210 tonearms, will be a perfect interface between the tonearms and Ortofon Cadenza Series, MC Windfeld, MC A90 and MC A95.
- Rubber insert with high vibration damping properties integrated in the bottom slit of the armtube
- Special proprietary TPE compound with excellent damping properties integrated in the top slit of the armtube
- Due to these two different materials an extended damping effect is obtained in the largest possible range. Both inserts integrated in the tonearm tube are manufactured at the Ortofon technical facilities in Nakskov, Denmark.
- TA-210 armtube is a less stressed than TA-110 and a lot less stressed than conventional armtubes due to the Technical rubber and TPE excellent damping properties.