More than 30 years ago the Audio Technica AT OC-9 set the benchmark for an affordable true low-output Moving coil cartridge. It’s performance, construction and features were back then only available by spending a multitude of it’s approximately 450$ introduction price. Now Audio Technica has expanded the range, making the entry even more affordable so that there is a real low-output MC for every budget. Stylus shapes are elliptical, Nude Elliptical, Microline, Shibata or Audio Technica’s own Special Line Contact, and from the Microline AT-OC9XML up the cantilever is made out of Boron.
One thing is for sure; whichever AT OC 9 you choose you will always get something that challenges anything in it’s price category and quite a notch above.
- Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec 0.32 mV
- Channel balance < 1.5 dB
- Stylus type: Elliptical Bonded
- Cantilever: Aluminium Pipe
- Tracking force recommended 2.0 g
- Tracking angle 20º
- Static compliance: 20 x 10 – 6 cm / dyne
- Dynamic compliance: 9 x 10 – 6 cm / dyne (100 Hz)
- Recommended load impedance >100 Ohm
- Coil wire material:PCOCC
- Cartridge weight 7.6 g