The VM-95 series is Audio Technica’s most affordable series of Moving Magnet cartridges and provides unmatched performance for the money. The same body is used throughout the range which makes upgrading very easy. The range starts with a simple bonded conical stylus, then features a bonded elliptical stylus, a nude elliptical, nude microline, and finally a nude shibata. A special 78rpm Shellac stylus is available too for those early mono-records.
All AT-VM95 cartridges are also available complete with a headshell, making it easy to change between a conical stylus for those early or more damaged records and a more sophisticated stylus when you want to extract every detail possible.
- Stylus: Bonded elliptical
- Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec : 4.0mV
- Channel balance: < 2.0 dB
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 23°
- Tracking force : 1.8 to 2.2g (2.0g standard)
- Static compliance: 17 x 10 – 6 cm / dyne
- Dynamic compliance: 7 x 10 – 6 cm / dyne (100 Hz)
- Cartridge weight: 6.1 grams
- Cantilever: Aluminium Pipe
- Coils: T.P. Copper