- Respectively Spherical and Elliptical styli.
- High Purify Copper armature windings and terminal leads
- Grinded wood and resin composite housing
NB: The SPU #1 E elliptical stylus profile provides more detailed sound reproduction and expansive imaging.
These SPU cartridges models have high price-to-performance ratio and are perfect all-rounders for the newcomers to the world of SPU.
The SPU #1 models, with their universal connector, ensure the ability to mount the units in a wider range of tonearms with universal (SME) mount, e.g. Ortofon TA-110 and TA-210 tonearms. The combination of SPU #1, ST-7 Moving Coil transformer and TA-110/TA-210 tonearms gives a supreme experience. With their linearity and full bodies, the SPU #1 models are a perfect solution for the playback of stereo recordings. Sonically, the SPU #1 models are genuine SPUs, known for their full-bodied and powerful music image, minimum of intermodulation distortion and an impressive channel separation.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 0.18 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz – 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz – 20 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz – 10 dB
- Frequency response – 20-25.000 Hz – ± 3 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) 65 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 10 µm/mN
- Stylus type – Spherical / Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius – R 18 µm / r/R 8/18 μm
- Tracking force range – 3.0-5.0 g (30-50 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended – 4.0 g (40 mN)
- Tracking angle – 20°
*) Typical value
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 2 ohm
- Recommended load impedance > 10 ohm
- Cartridge body material – Grinded wood and resin composite
- Coilwire material – High Purity Copper (OFC)
- Cartridge colour – Shiny black
- Cartridge weight – 30 g